Monday, July 18, 2016

Same Old Song

Same Old Song






Its been while people, I know, Im sorry, life happens and sometimes your attention is taken away. I apologize for the wait. I hope you can forgive me, and still continue to support. Now that thats over with, lets talk about some of the things that has been going on in the world. Its a crazy world we live in these days. Black men are targets for the police, its an election year and our choices are between an idiot and a liar. Ill let you decide who is which. By now Im sure you all are aware of the name Alton Sterling and Philando Castile. These are just the latest of many men that in my opinion were murdered on camera by the police. I was very upset by this and felt so much pain and anger I didn't know what to do with myself. I watched the videos over and over, until I felt like I couldn't do it anymore. After a while I felt so numb and helpless, I mean how do I explain what I just saw. How do I digest this information, and just continue my life as if nothing happened. 

            


             Like most of you, I went to Social Media to see what people were feeling, because I knew I wasn't alone. People were just as upset, just as hurt, just as numb to the bullshit. It was then I decided, from this day on, I will live my life differently. I will try to make change, I will try to be the difference in this world. I found local organizations and community activist who were organizing protests and rallies around the city. So we marched, and we yelled and we screamed 'Black Lives Matter", "No Justice No Peace". we did for several hours and for many days. Yet and Still I feel like its not enough. Its more than just yelling in the streets, because eventually the yelling stops, and the protests stop, until another incident occurs. then what, we grab ours signs and do it all over again?

           

            There has to be a better way, there has to be something more that we all can do to make this world a better place for everyone. Racism is very much alive, and its starting to be seen on a more regular bases, not just in the inner city but all over the world. I don't think anymore of less black men have been victim to police brutality than there has been in the past. I just feel like because of technology, now we all can bare witness to it. While some sit by and say, its not me so its not my problem, well you are part of the problem. Those who claim well black people kill black people all the time, why is it not an issue then, and for that reason I'm not doing anything. You are part of the problem to. Just because it didn't happen to you, doesn't make it right. Yes we have an issue with black on black crime, but if you aren't doing anything about that then don't try to discourage someone from trying to do something about other issues.

           

You can do more in your community, you can help others and support your own. You can help create ways to keep these young black men out of prison, you can help teach them a better way.  We all can do something, not everyone is mean to march and protest, not everyone is meant to speak out at rallies, but everyone can do something. Its up to you to find what that things is. Its up to you to decide when enough is enough. I will follow up this post with some tips and ideas we came up with at a hip hop town hall meeting. We sat down and came together to try and make a change, we hope that they will be helpful. Below is a video of the protests and rallies held in Atlanta this past week or so. Watch and see all the positive energy that was present, people of all backgrounds coming together. Peace!!


               


               

No comments:

Post a Comment