Monday, January 16, 2012

A Dream

Today as we celebrate the legacy of the great MLK I feel inspired and extremely motivated. I hope all of you feel the same way. Just like MLK we all have a dream, we all have something we want to see happen more than anything. I hope you all have the strength to chase that dream. Make that dream a part of your being, put your blood sweat and tears in to make that dream come true. If you want it, if you desire it, you can not be afraid of what people think, or will say. It doesn't matter who doesn't believe in your dream, as long as you do! You can not allow anyone or thing to stop you. At the end of the day, if you have given it your best, and have done all that you can, than you have already accomplished more than most. That in its self is a great accomplishment. I truly believe that one should never measure their success by the accomplishments of others. But by the joy and satisfaction your results bring to you and the ones who truly care for you. So keep dreaming, keep fighting and most of all keep smiling, the greatest reward is always happiness. Thank you Dr King, thank you for all of your sacrifices and determination to see the world we live in become a better place. It is because of you that people like me can chase our dreams! Happy birthday Dr Martin Luther King!

5 comments:

  1. Great post! His dream is coming true more and more every day, because look at you and me, in his time we could not be friends, work together or be brother and sister and everyone be fine with it. I am grateful for his dream and his stance and for you as my friend and brother. Love you and respect you, that too would never have been allowed. Happy Birthday Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and Thank YOU!

    Rhonda L. Thompson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tears!!!....Thank You for this! It is beautiful... This is something we all need to hear from each other! Chasing a dream can become so overwhelming sometimes! {With dealing with the everyday motions of life} But with determination and good people surrounding us ANYTHING is possible! Dr.King wanted so much for our country, and he was determined to make it happen. He literally died for something he felt very passionate about! With the help from my Heavenly Father and my determination I WILL FOLLOW MY DREAMS!!! Always....and forever!!

    ~ "Big Dreamer"

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true Rhonda, we have come a long way, Dr King helped to make all that possible, and I am very happy to be able to live in a world that he helped shape to be much better than when he was alive. For that we are all truly grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sherrie thank you for those inspiring words, you seem to already have all that it takes to make your dreams come true, faith in God, and believing that anything is possible with his grace and your drive. I wish you the best, and Im sure you have plenty of blessings to come, thanks again. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great inspiration here I have been trying to finish my 2nd degree and now I am in the position to do so. Always push yourself no matter how many times you were told no. If you believe in yourself anything is possible

    ReplyDelete