Monday, July 13, 2015

Fitness Gone Viral!

Fitness and Selfies!




              In a world where being self absorbed and damn near narcissistic is the norm, its no surprise that everyone is now a gym rat, or a fitness freak. You cant go down any timeline without seeing someone posting a pic in the gym, or a selfie showing as much skin as possible. On instagram the most famous people next to music artists or actors and apparently strippers are, you you guessed it. Fitness gurus, personal trainers or people who just work out so much that they look like comic book heroes.
 I am all for healthy living, working out and eating right. The unfortunate truth is that most of these people don't achieve these levels of physical excellence naturally. Its actually very difficult to do, and takes a lot of time an dedication to reach these levels. Also takes a deep pockets and a little artificial help. I mean its the American way right, bigger, faster, stronger, better and by any means necessary. Now that technology has helped to make everyone a so called celeb. We cant walk around looking normal or 'BASIC". But unfortunately we have real jobs and lives to live. Kids, and responsibilities that come before everything else. But with the obsession of Instagram, Vine, Twitter, Snapchat. Everyone and I mean damn near everyone has to find shortcuts to greatness.
In comes dietary supplements, such as creatine, whey protein, pre-workout mixes, and of course Steroids. They now have supplements that are basically steroids, but because of the amount or the absence of one ingredient it is legal to sell in your local GNC. It doesn't stop there, waist trainers, Spanx and these plastic wraps that everyone seems to be selling on Instagram. All these things are on the rise, and its all due to a little small lens on your personal cell phone. People are so desperate for attention that they will destroy their bodies to look amazing. They are willing to take caffeine pills, chemically enhanced protein shakes, squeeze their internal organs out of position, cut circulation in parts of their body just to have that perfect body right now. Its not just regular people, a lot and I mean a lot of celebs go under the knife to achieve mega star status. We have become a nation of narcissistic fabricators lol. Like doing a thousand squats a day will get you an ass like Nicki, that's a damn lie, working out has never made anything fatter, lol it makes it tighter and actually in most cases smaller. So good luck ladies, and for you guys taking all these supplements, hope you have a spare liver on hold somewhere. That shit is worse than drinking, and when you add drinking and "Turning Up" to the mix, yup, you are actually doing more harm than good
It works sometimes, but is it all worth it, to some it is, even at the cost of their health. Now this may seem like I'm judging, but not at all, I work out on a regular basis, I even use those pre-workout mix powders. But that's about as far as it goes, and i drink lots of water so kind of ease up the effects. See the difference between me and some the of the people I have mentioned. I actually do the research on each product before using them. I also don't much care for being in front of the camera, I much rather be behind one. I feel that the results is not worth it all, not now and most definitely not later. Unless its done the healthy way, its not for me. Now with all that said, I'm only writing this post because its been something I have been really trying to understand what the fascination with being famous is. Living in Atlanta I see it everyday, everyone is a model or a rapper, or producer. I am just a little photographer and low budget film maker that writes blogs when he gets bored, what do I know.  I mean I could careless who sees me, and thinks I'm sexy. When you go out to a public place and instead of socializing people are too busy taking selfies and that perfect pic or vid of them "Turning UP". I think something is wrong, if everyone is rich and famous, where are all the regular people? Does being healthy now mean rubbing it in peoples faces, and suffering later for looking great now. I rather just eat healthy and work out, and hopefully that is enough to keep me living a long and productive life. Until my next bored moment, tell me what you think about fitness and selfies.

Oh yeah!

Follow me on Twitter and Instagram and SnapChat all with the handle of @IamBishop617





No comments:

Post a Comment