Wednesday, May 15, 2013

4K And Why You Love It!




Canon EOS 1Dc 4k DSLR!

I know most of you are saying 4k.. what is 4k, no its not a 4,000 dollar camera, the camera we will talk about is more like 12k but I'm getting off track, lets bring you back.  Its all about the pixels baby, the more pixels the better the resolution, the better the resolution the crisper and prettier your film will be. Still have no idea what 4k means, ok here is a generic definition courtesy of Wikipedia!




4K UHD is a resolution of 3840 pixels × 2160 pixels (8.3 megapixels, aspect ratio 16:9) and is one of the two resolutions of ultra high definition television, the other being 8K UHD which is 7680 pixels × 4320 pixels (33.2 megapixels). Both are aimed at consumer televisions. 4K UHD has twice the horizontal and vertical resolution of the 1080p HDTV format, with four times as many pixels overall.[1]


There don't you feel even worse, I know its a bunch of numbers, but those numbers are difference between your home movies and a Michael Bay summer block buster. Right so for all you non tech people its what gives you that Cinematic quality image, if that still goes over your head its basically a really pretty picture! lol You know when you go the movies and you look at the big ass screen and your like whoa dude that's an awesome shot man.

Yeah thats 4k, and today I will talk about Canon's EOS-1D C
Canon EOS 1D C
which is a yeah you guessed it a 4k DSLR. If you haven't noticed by now I'm an unofficial spokes person for all Canon products, any day now Canon should be sending me a check. Yup.... any day now, sorry I got off track again, I tend to do that, I have ADH damn I think my license is expired. What was I talking about? Oh yeah 4k and the 1D DSLR. This is a really cool camera because it gives you that true and I mean true Cinematic look that will set your film apart from the rest. Of course there is a pretty significant price jump as well. While the 5D Mark III runs for about 3,500 (body only) the 1D 12,000 (body only). So if you are not a millionaire or even a High thousanaire I highly suggest renting this camera for a big project.


Now lets get this clear, in no way am I saying that for you to be a great film maker you need a camera like this. What I am saying is if you want your project to have a certain cinematic look, then this is one way to go. The Red-Cam is 4k, and there are plenty more out there but its all about Canon, Canon Canon Canon Canon. I want my check! I know I know, I haven't really discussed the camera yet, so here you go.


The Canon 1D is an inovative video camera in a DSLR body, it offers 4k movie recording, two seprate  modes of 16:9 HD motion imaging, and full-frame still images. They keep it simple and continue with the (CF) compact flash cards. The full-frame sensor, Canon Dual Digic 5+ image processor with the combination of cinema and EF lenses creates incredible image quality in almost any lighting condition. The body is 3.5 pounds its in an solid and versatile DSLR body so you can fit in lots of creative places for those signature shots. I would love to go into more detail but Im still wating on that check, but hands down this camera is the shit!! I know my last blog about equipment I said I would talk about the lenses but I felt it wouldn't be right without a breif mention of 4k technology and one of the best cameras out there! I have included a shor film that will give you an idea of what to expect from the Canon EOS 1D C.

I might post a video later on as a follow up to show you all exactly what this camera can do, in the mean time  check some youtube vids, there are millions on this camera. Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment