Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Artistic Therapy!!

Photography has become very therapeutic for me as of late, I recently figured this out about 3 days ago while shooting with the Lovely Shanria (@PoiseNCoolWhip on twitter). I worked with her before on a music video for the song "Murderer" by a great artist named Charm. Since we had great chemistry on that set, I thought why not do a photo shoot with her. So after the video wrapped, I reached out to her and asked her if she would like to do a photo shoot. She agreed we set a date and time and everything was all set. But life has its way of interrupting your plans. Literally the day after Shanria and I made plans a family emergency comes up. So I had to make sure everything was OK back home..which is Boston for those that don't know. I canceled with Ms Shanria, and made a few calls, a couple days later I was able to have a friend back home take care of everything for me. So I no longer had to fly home, and I could now do the shoot, only problem, because of my Virgo nature, I am sort of OCD about being prepared. Due to everything going on back home, I lost focus and was unable to plan out the shoot. I was a little frustrated that I would not be able to shoot what I wanted, but I needed to shoot something, I needed to release that frustration and the best way to do that was to just shoot.

After fighting my own stubbornness I decided to just do a fun and random shoot. I sent Shanria a text and she was very understanding and wanted to shoot as well, so that's what we did. One of my favorite places in Atlanta is Little 5 Points, the vibe,  the look, the people, and all the great art. Figured that would be a great place to shoot since there are so many beautiful backdrops. Only thing I didn't consider was how cold it would be that day, and I mean it was cold, 34 degrees to be exact. But like a true professional Shanria endured the cold and we had a great shoot, and most importantly got a lot of shots we were both every happy with. So as it turned out just doing that shoot made my week a lot better, all the stress from life had disappeared and all that mattered was my art. I hope you all have something that helps to keep you grounded and gives you peace when the world around you is in a state of chaos. That is what photography was to me this past weekend, below you can view some of the photos. If you guys have any questions or comments please feel free to contact me by leaving a comment or follow me on Twitter @KingBishopPro and follow the beautiful Shanria @PoiseNCoolWhip.


Don’t forget to like, comment and subscribe to our YouTube channel.










No comments:

Post a Comment